Dynamic and result oriented professional with over 19 years of rich experience in Academic Programme Development, Training, Research Counseling and as Consultant Psychologist.
Core competency in overall management of academics, research projects and providing training, guidance and counseling for the uplift, welfare and empowerment of the students and youth.
Extensive experience in developing and implementing administration policies and strategies for optimizing resource utilization, enhancing operational efficiency, increasing productivity and cost savings.
Hands on experience in conducting in-depth research on human relations and other cultural issues related to behavior and social sciences.
Excellent communicator with exceptional analytical, people management, and co-ordination skills and proven abilities in achieving optimum level of customer satisfaction.
Thorough professional, with high calibre, work orientation, and ability to handle multiple functions and activities in a high-pressure environment due to inherent ability to identify and prioritize tasks at hand.
Highly motivated, positive and goal-oriented with solid convictions, morals, integrity, and ethics
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
1. Have initiated a National Level Project on Construction of India
Youth Development Index-2013".
2. Coordinated four Research Projects at RGNIYD, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India on Youth related issues viz.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
3. Attitude of Youth towards the Elderly, STI, HIV/AIDS, Youth and Media, School Mental Health at RGNIYD
4. Coordinated Nation-Wide Evaluation of the Rural Information Technology Youth Development Centres – A National Scheme being promoted by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India at RGNIYD
5. Carried out a longitudinal research study on needs assessment and identification of problem areas of high school students (government and private) and initiation of an adolescent guidance and counselling center at the premises of NIPCCD sponsored by World Health Organization.
6. Developed communication strategy and a home based card for the northern region (A collaborative project between NIPCCD and UNICEF, New Delhi)
8. Standardized counselling services in India - a collaborative research by the Department of Women and Child Development and UNICEF, Headquartered in NewDelhiComplete Profile
TRAINING and DEVELOPMENT
1. 1. Preparation of customised Training Manuals on Youth and Adolescents specific issues viz., Career Counselling, Mental Health, Environment and Sustainable Development etc.
2. Designed an innovative and tailor-made Curriculum on Training and Development for five pioneering Post Graduate Programmes on Youth Work, the first of its kind in the country for RGNIYD
3. Teaching Training and Development as a Core Course at RGNIYD
4. Conducted over 30 batches of Training of Training Programmes on core areas such as life skills education, career counselling, personality development, Emotional Intelligence , leadership ,employability skills and Promoting positive psychology/development
5. Conducted about 50 training/sensitisation programmes on issues related to adolescents and youth.
6. Organised about 70 Career Melas and Exhibitions for school and college students